nerdspeak in crv awd

just curious what "real time awd" on crv stands for: does it mean "a regular fwd pos that engages rear wheel[s] on demand (that is: too late)"?
or both axles get power delivered when the road is completely dry? yes, i briefly checked the honda website: they don't seem to bother to explain.
thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If the front starts slipping the rear starts pushing. Just like having a few friends along to get you out of snowbanks, however it can engage at higher speeds, like when leaving icy intersections. I greatly enjoy looking in the rear-view mirror and watch all the 'road polishers' from a half block away. Normal driving, the rear just gets towed along for the ride, thus the waste of fuel due to friction and more weight.
'Curly'

does the awd hooks up immediately when you floor the gas pedal on slippery pavement from a dead stop or there is a noticeable delay and wheelspin?
On May 18, 3:29 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

in my AWD element, it would squeal the front tires from a stop. this definitely was not smoking tirespin, they were just barely turning faster than the rear tires - if i had to guess, probably less than 2 mph faster. no noticeable delay at all. i have a friend with an element and he would leave my house in a most abrupt manner, so i got to experience this AWD behavior up close. :~)>
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you punch it on ice you'll spin all four without any noticable delay for the rears. I think the fronts only have to turn about 3/4 of a revolution before the rears are engaged. If you yank the park brake on ice (clutch in) you'll also lock the front wheels right away. A very shocking sensation if you're used to a FWD.
'Curly'