New 2010 Honda Civic EX coupe--VANDALIZED after only ONE MONTH of ownership

Page 2 of 3
On 08/10/2010 08:03 PM, Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

you and i are talking aren't we?
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

jim beam wrote:

Spin it anyway you want...
JT
Steven L. wrote:

Then a Glock might be in order for you but check out Tegger's comment in case you're left handed...
JT

Finger in the hole, gun in the trigger. It works with wheelguns, too. Fumble a 1911 you can do the magic there. Lots of opportunities to screw yourself if you don't pay attention.
Hmm, kind of like driving.

Lots of people buy a gun, get basic training and then put the gun "someplace safe". If you buy a firearm for defensive purposes you need to be shooting it regularly and keep it some place that is simultaneously secure (not safe) and accessible. Inside the waistband just around from my right posterior superior iliac spine works for me. Springfield EMP in .40 S&W.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

What do you call a guy with the guts of ten men?
Steven L. wrote:

They ain't cheap but are the generally the preferred weapon of cops.
JT

It's been years since I sold my Glock 22, but I have to says that Glocks back then were decidedly lefthander-unfriendly. Trying to push that pointy mag-release with the left index-finger was difficult and often ineffective. I had mine altered by a gunsmith to replace the factory mag-release with a rounded and extended one that worked MUCH better, even when shooting right- handed.
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

On no... Youse meenze da youze a lef'winger???
<joke>
Seriously, you're correct and just have to find a gun to fit your needs. Of course, ain't that severely restricted up in your neck o' the woods?
JT
On 08/06/10 23:16, Steven L. wrote:

.357 Magnum revolver (I had a S&W model on the advice of the local gun shop owner and retired cop. He advised learning to shoot with the revolver, then move on to something fancier, e.g., 9mm semi, if you wanted to). .38 ammo for practice and .357 Magnum for the bad guys - the louder the better. The only thing I ever shot was paper targets. lots of fun, still.
Don't feel too screwed over, I bought a new car in 1982 which was broken into about 6 hours after I took delivery (living in NYC at the time).
Tony Harding wrote:

snip
Heh! They could strip a whole car in about ten minutes back then IIRC...
JT

I used to live in NYC in the 1970s.
Back then, when cars had full-service spare tires, the big thing for thieves was to punch out the trunk lock and take that fifth tire. I had that done to my Buick Regal a couple of times, until I got an armor-plated pick-resistant lock for my trunk.
Once we got those funny little limited-service spare tires, that type of thievery stopped.
-- Steven L.
Steven L. wrote:

I just remember the big number of carcasses strewed along the westbound Cross Bronx Expressway on the way to the Washington Bridge. Better not experience a mechanical breakdown there...
JT

revolvers are simple,and low maintenance. Even semi-autos are not that complicated to operate,after all,you CAN drive a car.
What is important is that you learn proper gun safety,practice with your handgun until you are familiar and comfortable with it's operation(just like a car and driving!)
Learn your local gun laws.
One caveat; you must be MENTALLY prepared to use lethal violence against another person. (none of this "wound him" nonsense,either)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

You betcha... Aim to stop the aggressor. Ask questions later..
JT

Do you post to tx.guns?
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

Nope.
I don't fit in with the gun nuts. I simply took advantage of my 2nd Amendment rights a few years ago and got the TX CHL license. I hardly ever carry but it is comforting to know that I can. Also, you do not need a CHL in order to carry in your car.
Basically here, the law is on *your* side when it comes to protecting yourself and your stuff.
I only wish that they would restore car theft back to a felony and apply punishment as in the days of cattle rustling...
JT

The problem in MA where I live, is that if I fire a gun at somebody in a parking lot, I could be held responsible for manslaughter.
Maybe I should open my window and front door and "invite" the thieves in:
"Hey muchacho! Tu madre es una puta! Chinga a tu madre! TU MADRE!!!"
Then when they come thru the front door and are legally inside my house, I bushwack 'em!
-- Steven L.

it's pretty much like that in every state. If you fire your gun,police ARE going to ask a lot of questions,no matter what. You need to be reasonably sure that you are in danger of "grievous bodily harm" or being killed. It's a matter of whether you want to "be carried by six or judged by twelve".
Oh,and stick to close-range self-defense,not firing across a parking lot. your chances of hitting a vital area are better,and less chance of stray rounds hitting someoone else.

that's what the "progressives" think you should do. It's called JLEDI;Just Let Em Do It. Or surrendering,letting the crooks have their way.
the last part of this quote is appropriate here;
"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow... For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." ---------- Jeff Snyder

Stick to reality,Steven. And WHATEVER you do,don't try to falsify a crime scene,or tell a tale to police. They usually figure out exactly what happened,and if you're caught in a falsehood,then YOU become the criminal,and the bad guys get a break.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 18:54:28 +0000, Steven L. wrote:

How much is your comprehensive auto insurance? deductable?
Steven L. wrote:

I'm originally from RI and the same applies there.
It's a sorry scene when the perps can become victims of their own illegal action.
As Jefferson once said, "A revolution every twenty years might be a good thing." (Not sure of the absolute accuracy of the quote but you get the idea.
In TX, if you are not a convicted felon, have no metal issues etc. and can pass a National Agency Check, you most likely can get a concealed handgun license after training, certification (range and classroom).
JT
On 08/09/10 22:39, Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Maybe a little "air guitar"?