new 2015 CRV (2wd) is 27 mpg city / 34 mpg highway

Amazing mileage for a brick! The new 2015 CRV (2wd) is 27 mpg city / 34 mpg highway.
I guess that this is a function of the CVT transmission. Is this a new transmission for
Honda?
Lynn
On 10/17/2014 3:21 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v/
Lynn

Added it to the US gas-powered Accord line only 2013 model year.
It's great on the highway, my slightly less brick-shaped Accord sedan gets 36++ even at 80mph and can exceed 40mpg at 55mph flat and steady.
But around town no way do I get 27mpg, and in heavy congestion it can fall to 20mpg and below - and make you long for a hybrid. I think even the old-fashioned 5-speed auto got better city mileage. Unless they've retuned and fixed something since 2013.
J.