New Accord quality poor?

How does your new 04-05 Accord's build quality compare to Hondas you have owned in the past?

Reply to
MJC

Have a 96 LX and an 04 LX....there are less squeaks and rattles with the 96 now at 128k than the 04 when it was new. Other than that the quality seems good.

Reply to
halo2 guy

My 2003 LX is probably the best and the worst Accord that I have ever owned. It's the best in the matter of the most features, performance, handling, size, comfort, etc. But it's definitely the worst as far as build quality. The week after I bought it brand new, I noticed numerous interior panels and such that didn't math up correctly leaving gaps between panels in the dash, door, center console, etc. Most of them I fixed that week (thanks to Honda's snap-fit, no tools required car parts). However, some in the dash and center console, I didn't fix until just a couple of weeks ago. I installed a new amp in my trunk and ran the wires under the dash and under the center console. When I put all the parts back together, I made sure to line them up correctly. My car interior now looks as it should have coming from the factory.

I attribute most of those panel issues to the fact that this car was assembled in Mexico, while my previous 1998 sedan, 1998 coupe, and 2001 sedan were all assembled in Ohio.

Now if only I can get the passenger window to go down as quickly as it used to, the brakes to stop shuddering, the driver's window auto down function to actually work right, the driver's window auto up function to work right, etc. etc. etc.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Foster

Did you notice how much of a gap there is between the top of the glove box and the dash? They try to hide this with some cheap foam molding. How about the gaps around the tail lamps? Also, many creaks and rattles.

Reply to
MJC