New Civic problem

I have a 2007 Civic LX automatic with 500 miles on it. Today I noticed when I am driving between 1-5 mph I get a metallic scraping sound coming from the front somewhere. There is nothing dragging and it only happens when moving forward at a very low speed. I am taking it to the dealership to have it looked at soon but I am wondering what it could be and if I should be worried about driving it?

Reply to
bluerave

That's the ABS system initializing itself. It's normal.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

My previous car, an 03 Civic, had ABS and I never had anything similar to this. It does not happen when I apply the brake and it mostly happens at very low speed and occassionally it will happen for half a second while driving at higher speeds (around 65-70 mph).

This sound is similar to dragging a shovel down a concrete road. It is a very irritating sound that gets worse when I make a turn, but only at speeds less than 10-15 mph.

I am taking it in tomorrow.

Reply to
bluerave

Seems the problem was a rock that got stuck in the braking system, nothing to worry about :)

Reply to
bluerave

I don't think ABS would have made noise like that, at least not for mine.

Keep us posted on what the mechanic gonna say.

_____________________________________ Free Tips to Save Car Gas Bill & Much More @

Stabilized