New Honda owner

Page 2 of 3
wrote:

Agreed! I got some nifty ones awhile back from www.surpluscomputers.com that also have an LED flashlight built in.

================I test drove a Honda CRV 7-14-07 and it had that feature. Bill

Congratuations on your purchase! She is not a Dodge...you won't need that warranty, take care of it , and you will never look back!

Dan C wrote:

Did you think to look in the owner's manual?
It is there, but you have to set it...
Joe LaVigne wrote:

Just a clarification, in case I was wrong ;-), I have an 06 Civic Si, and this feature is, indeed, available on the civic line by following a simple procedure with the ignition and the door lock switch. It is possible that it isn't there for an Accord, but that would seem very odd to me...
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:41:04 -0400, Joe LaVigne

Can't seem to find it online, I'll try to remember to check it next time I'm in the car. Not that I want it, but I'm curious. Anybody want to buy my unused cruise control? :)
J.
JXStern wrote:

LOL.
The procedure is not a very straightforward one. Something like turn the key to II, push down the lock button for 10 seconds, or something like that.
As for cruise, I use mine daily. Good for mileage, and keeps me from going 75 on the highway. The Si is just too easy to get going good and fast... ;-)
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:18:25 -0400, Joe LaVigne

Nope, don't see it in the 2007 Accord EX book.
But I do see a warning about pulling out the ignition key while the car is in motion.
J.
JXStern wrote:

Yep, that would result in a different kind of lock up. Not very good one at that.
I, too, double-checked my owner's manual. No mention that I could find anywhere of automatic locking of the doors on the 2006 Accord.
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:59:37 -0500, Say What? wrote:

Thanks. Strange that it apparently *is* there on the Civic, but not the Accord. Oh well.

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:45:39 +0000, JXStern wrote:

Thanks. I didn't see it either, but was wondering if it was perhaps a "secret undocumented feature"...

Joe LaVigne, wrote the following at or about 7/12/2007 12:29 PM:

I THOUGHT I'd scoured the 2006 Accord owner's manual front to back for it and never found it. I'll try again as I'm one of those (perhaps in the minority) that likes that feature. Then again, as you say, it may only be on the Civic line. Oh well. Thanks!
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:29:08 -0400, Joe LaVigne wrote:

Yeah, I did.

It's not there. If you're gonna make smart-ass replies, be sure you're right first, so you don't look like a fool in public.
Thanks anyway.

Dan C wrote:

Hey, look, you're just as much of an asshole here as you are in the Ubuntu group... If you'd have bothered to look, I followed up directly to that post, and was the only one here who tried to actually address your question.
What a douche...
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:29:26 -0400, Joe LaVigne wrote:

Yep, I saw your second reply later, after I saw/replied to the first one. As for "addressing my question", you were completely wrong with your answer, so it doesn't count for much.

Yeah. Namecalling. Who's the asshole, again?

Dan C wrote:

Past experience is clear on this, you are a clear winner here, Danny Boy...
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 19:54:19 -0400, Joe LaVigne wrote:

Right. Sure. Let's try to stick to the facts, shall we? In the last few messages here, you've called me an "asshole", a "douche", and now a condescending nickname. What have I said to you, other than pointing out that your answer was wrong...?
It's quite clear who the "winner" is. Thanks for playing. Buh-bye.

You're doing a fine job of coming off as a class "A" fool, yourself.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:11:49 GMT, "Brian Smith"

I couldn't have said it better Brian and I tried earlier. Thanks.
<honda owner> wrote in message

No problem, I am happy to help. {;^)