New Muffler for a 94 Civic

It's going to be time soon. Looks like something I can do myself, so do I stick with genuine Honda, or does the aftermarket offer an improved product?

Mike Doyle wrote:

My '93 Accord recently got a new Bosal muffler; it cost $130 (Canadian). My mechanic said Bosal is a Honda OEM exhaust supplier.
High Tech Misfit wrote:

Thanks. I've found one to fit my Vx for less than 1/2 of the Majestic price. Have you had this muffler long, & any thoughts about it?
Mike Doyle wrote:

Well, I've had it for only a month, but no complaints so far. It's fairly quiet--about as quiet as previous mufflers it has had.
Honda has two line off muffler: the OEM and the economical.
Bosal suply them for the economical line only not the OEM line .
The Bosal is a little more noisy compare to the OEM muffler.
But it's not a bad muffler at all.

(Canadian). My