New Timing Belt Whines

Hi group,
I had the dealer replace my timing belt (01 Accord EX 4cyl). This was last Friday. Tonight I noticed while driving that I can hear a whine from
what seems like that area. It's not exactly what I would call loud, but I can hear it from inside the car with the doors shut. I had a timing belt replaced in an old 87 Civic about 10 years ago and it made the same sound afterwards. Does this mean the belt is too tight? Or do they tend to be a little noisy until they break in a little?
I won't hesitate to take it back to the dealer if it's too tight, but I'm going away on Saturday for a week and I'd rather take it back sooner than later.
As always thanks for any advice!
take it back and have them retension to specification.
JM wrote:

JM wrote:

yes. get it fixed immediately. it can break the belt, or much more expensively, the head/cam bearing - and that requires a whole new head.

absolutely not.

JM wrote:

Spray some WD-40 on it.
Kidding.
Get it re-tensioned.

It's too tight. Get it retensioned immediately.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ