New Tires

What is the best brand of tire for a 1997 CRV and a 2001 Civic?

has an extensive test of dozens of automobile tires, with their respective ratings.
"Robert A. Cunningham" wrote

In the current issue they're all "ultra high-performance" tires. They're not the more ordinary, good ol' basic everyday tires.

Previous November issues have other classes of tires. You may be able to find them in the library. However, the older issues may not be too useful since tire models tested then may have been replaced by newer models.
Timothy J. Lee

Plaid.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Oct 5, 1:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Go to www.tirerack.com and look at their user recommendations. That, along with the price you're willing to pay, should help you out.
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:18:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Depends how you use the tires. I chose Michelin for one of my autos (50% highway driving) while at the same time I chose a no name cheaper brand for another auto I own (local driving only).
Probably there is more than one answer to your question but I look at it this way, any new tire is better than a worn out tire. Inotherwords I wouldn't waste too much time deciding while driving on worn tires (should this be the case).
On Oct 5, 1:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The tire most satisfying to me was BF goodrich Traction T/A all season. Nice ride in summer, firm grip in snow and ice. Better than some snow tires. And they last a long time too. Check out their ratings in TireRack.com
On Oct 5, 1:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yokohama AVID TRZ.
On Oct 4, 11:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I can't help you with the CRV.
I like Dunlop SP Sport A2 tires for the Civic. If it snows much where you live, you'll need Blizzaks in the winter if you buy the Dunlops.
Andy

In general, Michelin.

For the first time I tried some Yokohama's, AS430's from NTB. My brother put them on his Vibe also about the same time. They are much quieter than my old Michelin's, and ride smoother. Highly recommended.

What about traction, cornering, temperature and speed rating?

What about traction, cornering, temperature and speed rating?
www.tirerack.com has a good ratings/review system. you can also check discussions at www.crvownersclub.com