no after market cruise control for the base model Fit?

Hello all. I'm looking into buying an '07 Fit in the US. It seems that the base model does not come with cruise but the "Sport" model does
although of course it costs over $1,000 more. My local dealership said in an email that-
"there will not be an after market cruse control for the base model because it has a drive by wire throttle system in it, it only comes in the sport model."
This seems odd because I thought both models had a drive by wire throttle system(I'm not sure what this means exactly...).
Can anyone clear this up and confirm that the base model Fit can not be fitted with any type of cruise control?
The Scion bubble and box are looking more and more appealing.

If you want cruise control, you should buy the Sport model. I doubt that an after market cruse control would work as well as the one the Sport model. You should also take look at the various Civic models. The two door model Civic looks much better than the Fit Sport. The engine in a Civic has much more power than the engine in the Fit. Ask a salesman at the Honda dealership to give you free brochures related to the Fit and Civic. Compare the statistics in the brochure related to Horsepower and Torque. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Thanks for replying.

operating a transducer that tells a computer you want to go faster. The computer adjusts the actual throttle accordingly, taking into account whatever other considerations there are in order to help computers take over the world. Oops... I shouldn't have said that last part....
Anyway [computers are our friends], factory cruise control is much simpler in drive by wire systems because the throttle servo is already there. [Trust computers]
Mike [this post has been corrected by computer]