No AM radio in 93 accord.

My grandfather was here today and said the AM radio didn't work in his car. I took a look at it and fm worked fine so I figured maybe a problem with the
tuner. I replaced the deck with a spare I had lying around still no am on the new one. FM works fine but I can't get a lock on AM no matter what I try. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?
Antenna.

car.
the
but if it was the antenna FM wouldn't work would it?

Phil Budgell wrote:

Most decks will pull in FM with no antenna connected, especially if there are strong stations around. AM won't work without the antenna even if you're parked directly under the transmitter tower.
Virus Database (VPS): 0520-4, 05/20/2005

I suspect that it just broke or stopped working. Murphy's Law states that anything that can break will break. If it is broke--you should not buy a new Honda radio. Instead, visit a store that sells and installs car radios. If they have a special sale--buy one and have them install it.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Phil Budgell wrote:

If you did a plug-n-play swap with a second Honda stereo, and neither one will get AM, the antenna has a short to ground, or an open on the ground side.
That's the only thing it can be. The radio is plenty grounded when you screw it down, as well as thru the harness.
'Curly'