"No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank?

Hi Folks

I just changed a gas tank on our older 1993 Honda Civic. I decided to get a "jobber" tank since the dealer wanted 4 times the price for the gas tank. However, the jobber tank does not have a "Drain Bolt" at the bottom of the tank.

:-)

Is this normal?

Just curious.

Thanks

Reply to
www.NGKPartFinder.com - Easies

"

- Easiest way to find the perfect NGK product for your vehicle!" wrote in news:1184609026.090844.44230 @n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

For aftermarket, yes.

You might have been better off to get the old one repaired, or get a good used one from the wrekcers.

Reply to
Tegger

The fuel tank parts drawing for the 93 Civic accessible via

does indeed show a drain bolt. (This surprised me, because I thought the custom was to siphon gas out through the fuel filler when problems arose with the fuel.)

"

-

Reply to
Elle

Hi Tegger

I was thinking of getting one from the "Scrap Yard" but then I thought, a new jobber tank would last longer.

I guess the only problem I foresee with no drain plug, is if I ever need to change it again, I would have to siphon gas out. Just need to make sure I don't drink it. :-)

Thanks Frank

Reply to
http://www.ClubPlug.net - Your

unfortunately, gas tanks are a rare commodity from the wreckers. heathens that they are, they don't bother unbolting the drain to empty the tank, they simply pierce with a spike. dead tank. no sale.

thanks to detroit mainly - they frequently don't bother with drain plugs, so piercing is the /only/ way. and once the habit is formed...

Reply to
jim beam