"No Drain Bolt" on Gas Tank?

Hi Folks
I just changed a gas tank on our older 1993 Honda Civic. I decided to get a "jobber" tank since the dealer wanted 4 times the price for the
gas tank. However, the jobber tank does not have a "Drain Bolt" at the bottom of the tank.
:-)
Is this normal?
Just curious.
Thanks
"www.NGKPartFinder.com - Easiest way to find the perfect NGK product for

For <gag> aftermarket, yes.
You might have been better off to get the old one repaired, or get a good used one from the wrekcers.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Hi Tegger
I was thinking of getting one from the "Scrap Yard" but then I thought, a new jobber tank would last longer.
I guess the only problem I foresee with no drain plug, is if I ever need to change it again, I would have to siphon gas out. Just need to make sure I don't drink it. :-)
Thanks Frank
Tegger wrote:

unfortunately, gas tanks are a rare commodity from the wreckers. heathens that they are, they don't bother unbolting the drain to empty the tank, they simply pierce with a spike. dead tank. no sale.
thanks to detroit mainly - they frequently don't bother with drain plugs, so piercing is the /only/ way. and once the habit is formed...
The fuel tank parts drawing for the 93 Civic accessible via www.hondaautomotiveparts.com does indeed show a drain bolt. (This surprised me, because I thought the custom was to siphon gas out through the fuel filler when problems arose with the fuel.)
"www.NGKPartFinder.com -