No heat, until driving it for 3 miles

Ok, So, first, if this answer to my question is really easy, forgive me.
About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that when I turned on my heat, it wouldnít come. So, I checked my coolant (yes, I can do that) and it
was bone-dry. So, I filled it. And, it kindíve worked again, however, it didnít kick in until I had been driving the car for about 3 miles. Then that night, I got back into my car after work, and no heat again. When I got home, I checked, and again, my coolant was dry. So, I filled that up again, and looked under my car, and I saw an almost steady stream of the yummy antifreeze creating a puddle under my car. Iíve been checking everyday since then, and usually, I would have to fill it every 2 days, or so. However, this is day 4 of me not filling it, and itís still full, I think it has a mind of its own. I bought a new water pump, as my mechanic said "it could be that," as he looked under my hood, and saw steam coming from where he said it was located. I havenít had the chance to get that done yet though. So, my car, while warming it up, isnít getting the heat I want it to, and doesnít usually warm up for a couple of miles. Can anyone tell me if it does sound like a water pump problem??? Or does it sound like something else?
‚úĖ
DiabolicBaby wrote:

inspection. after that, and when you're not losing coolant, /then/ worry about the heat. chances are, the problem will have gone away.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ