No water draining from A/C

Hi guys, I have an 01 Accord coupe, and I've noticed that I don't seem to be getting any condensate draining out after I've run the A/C. I gently poked in the drain with a plastic cable ty-wrap and it seemed to be free of any blockage, but I noticed there is some cold A/C coming out there. Is this normal? Should I be getting some water?

Reply to
JM

The water that drains from an A/C unit is condensation that forms when humid air goes through the cold coils and it drops the temperature of the air below the dew point. Its basically the same thing that happens on the outside of your glass of ice water on a hot humid day. You don't say where you are, but in more arid regions, where the humidity level in the air is low, you will get a lesser amount of condensation and it might not form enough of it to make a noticeable stream out the drain. If your AC is cooling normally and you have established that the drain passage is clear, there is probably nothing wrong with it.

Reply to
E Meyer

Yes - here in Arizona the dew point has been below the freezing point (dew would appear as frost rather than as water) most of the time for the last few months. Air conditioners are not condensing any water. That will change in the next month or so....

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee