Not ANOTHER Problem

Hello all, me again. (1990 Civic LX)

If it's not one thing, it's another. Now my freakin' seatbelts are messed up. (As you're probably all aware, I have those "automatic track" shoulder belts that strap you in when you close the door, and let you out when you open it) Both sides have frozen in their current positions. I managed to get the driver's side to go back to the "engaged" position (by sheer force) and unplugged the power to it so I can drive the car and not worry about getting a ticket. The passenger side is froze in the "disengaged" position, so my dash light is flashing and beeping, which is VERY annoying. I am guessing that the seatbelts operate on a relay, which is now obviously screwed up. Is this something I can fix myself, or are the seatbelts "protected" in such a way that only a dealer would have the proper tools to fix them? If a "normal person" can fix this problem, can someone point me in the right direction as to how?

Thanks again, in advance! :-)

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Upright

That's weird. I didn't know the older civics had the automatic seat belts. I have a 93 Lx, and it has power everything, but the seat belts, which is good, because I know power seat belts frankly are a pain in the ass.

I am looking at my manaul, and don't seem to even find it having power seat belts, your car is a CIVIC, and not an Accord right?

If its locked, all I would guess is one of the fuses is blown. Remember, everything that is on power uses fuses, and that would be under your dash. On my fuse box I am missing about 4 fuses, and your model might be one of those fuses that I am missing for the power seats.

Check your fuse box

John

mopa

I believe Honda has a lifetime warranty on seatbelts. I would vist the dealership.

Reply to
duckbill

Yes, my car is a Civic, not an Accord.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Upright

I have heard that before, but my car has a salvage title, and I'm not the original owner. Would that hinder the dealer from fixing it for free? Are there any sites that document this seatbelt warranty?

Thanx!

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Upright

Jon, if you can do as duckbill said.. I would highly suggest giving them a call and ask. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Did you check all of your fuses to make sure nothing is burnt out?

Reply to
mopa

Haven't had a chance to yet. Will report back as soon as I do.

Jonathan

P.S. Will call dealer tomorrow.

Reply to
Jonathan Upright

I called the dealer today, and they said that the lifetime warranty is only on the seatbelt itself, not any of the mechanical aspects of it. I'll check the fuses ASAP and report back.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Upright