O2 Sensor Light

Hello, My friend has a 94 Passport with the 4 cylinder. He says there is a light on the dash that says oxygen sensor. He replaced the sensor, now he needs to
know how to turn off light. Thanks Larry
The instrument panel needs to come out and a screw moved from one hole to another. The light comes on at 90k intervals. It is a maintenance light.

Is the panel easy to remove. Is the procedure on the internet somewhere? Larry
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

No it's not. This is specifically an O2 sensor malfunction lamp.
The replacement oxygen sensor that was installed is defective, or there is a poor connection somewhere (corrosion or wire breakage).
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Ach, Danny Chauhan is right. I forgot to mention if the sensor has alrady been replaced, disconnect the battery for ten seconds to clear the light if it's still on.
I don't know if Isuzu (the Passport's actual maker) uses the sort of radio anti-theft code Honda uses, but it's worth checking for that BEFORE disconnecting the battery!
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Feb 9, 12:23 am, "LCosby" <lcosby at knology dot net> wrote:

To reset the Light, Just disconnect the battery lead for about 1 min and reconnect. Hopefully the light should go out. Incidentally In my case Honda was cunning in the sense that I could not replace the O2 sensor with a cheap generic sensor. On talking to the supplier of the generic sensor he advised me to purchase the genuine sensor which turned out to leave a big hole in my pocket. Good Luck Danny

What year and model car? And which generic were you considering buying? Did the guy say why you shouldn't by the generic?
Bob