odd question

My wife who is either 5'1" or 5'2" and thin to normal build sat in a

2009 Honda 4 door EX and said she could not reach the gas pedals. According to the sales person, he said that is the 2nd time he heard of this. Apparently the power seats don't get as close to the pedals as the non-power seats. Can anyone confirm this? I don't recall how far her feet were from the pedals (she thinks one to two inches) so rather than mess with modifying the seats which the salesperson said they can do (I'm leery of this approach for the warrantee and perhaps leakage depending how they do it), I was thinking of a cushion between the seat and her back or one she sits on and supports her back. Does such a cushion exist? Any suggestions aside from not getting the 4 door EX model?
Reply to
.

If She can't reach the pedals, it's not a good ides to try to "make it fit" with cushions, etc. You change the distance between her head and the headrest, where the shoulder belt falls, distance to the driver's and side airbag, etc., none of which are recommended if a collision occurs.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Any chance the salesman didn't know how to fully adjust the seat? I know I can adjust the power seat on my '08 Altima so my 5'2" wife can't reach the pedals by simply raising the seat cushion.

Try going back again and try it with a different salesperson & maybe a different sample of the car.

Reply to
E. Meyer

I don't think you need a salesman. Like Yosemite Sam would say " any idjut could do it "

Reply to
Clete

What honda car are we talking about here?

It sounds rather unlikely, and I would re-check that sit setting.

Reply to
Pszemol

Sorry about the lack of information. I was referring to an Accord. I agree that the saleman may not have adjusted the seat correctly because I too find it hard to believe a woman of 5'1" or 5'2" could not reach the pedals. I thought most women are about 5'2" ??? I will definitely try it myself with her in the seat. thanks.

Reply to
.

My wife is 4' 11" (on a tall day) and she can reach everything just fine in our 2006 Accord EX. I would go back with her and try it yourselves.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Thank you.

Reply to
.

Are you talking about the van? It has adjustable pedals.

Reply to
Art

My grand daughter is just shy of five feet tall and she has no trouble reaching the pedals in my 07 Accord EX-L.

Reply to
Ricky Bobby

What part of 2009 Honda 4 door EX do we not understand?????

Reply to
Howard

Howard, we got the year, make, number of doors and the trim. We did not get the car MODEL so we do not know if this was accord, civic, fit or whatever other honda which comes in EX trim. Do *you* understand now what we do not understand?

Reply to
Pszemol

Accord

Reply to
no address

Putting blocks on the pedals may be a better way of adapting the car, since it would allow her to sit safely away from the airbag in the steering wheel (short people are more likely to be injured by airbags because they often sit too close to the steering wheel).

The other issue to consider is whether a short person can sit high enough to see out of the car in all directions.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Yes, we learned about this 20 Apr 2009 10:49:24 -0500.

p.s. how do you access the usenet? are you using some misconfigured web forum? And why there is no address or name in the "From" field of your messages?

Reply to
Pszemol

I understand now what you do not understand!!!!!???????? Sorry!

Reply to
Howard

Cool :-)

Reply to
Pszemol

I'm 5'3" and considering buying a 2009 Accord sedan EX - please tell me the seats can accomodate my height.

Reply to
NewsGroupie

They probably have cars right at the dealer that you can sit in and find out. Hell, they'll probably even let you take one out for a drive, for no additional charge...

Reply to
Joe

get a taller wife?

Reply to