Odometer quit working 1996 Accord

Stuck at 155K. It stopped on the 800 mile mark. Do I need a junkyard replacement or can they be fixed? TIA

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Bobloblaw

replacement or can they be fixed?

Reply to
ecarecar

Same sender for speedometer and odometer, so if the speedometer is till working, the sender is not the problem. I have seen the mechanical counter crap out at around 150k miles on a few other cars (and at 360k miles (!) on a friend's '96 Accord). Plastic gears start slipping on their shafts. I don't know how the '96 Accord was done, but on my '94 Civic there is a mechanical counter driven by en electric motor based on information from the sender on the transmission.

There are still speedometer repair shops around, they could likely get this fixed unless you are inclined to open the instrument cluster up and do it yourself.

replacement or can they be fixed?

Reply to
Randolph