> When we get out of our 2002 Odyssey and go to close
> the door you can get a nasty shock.
So you step out of the car and when you reach for
the door to close it you get a shock?
I can think of 2 possibilities: tires or fabrics
Did you get new tires? Tires are supposed to be
designed to bleed off the charge. But sometimes they
don't. The typical fix for this is a grounding strap
(or different tires).
If you have cloth seats: some fabrics will interact
with seat covering and build up a charge. I believe
this is aggravated if the AC is running and drying
the air. I had this with one car and the only fix
I came up with was touching a piece of metal (ie:
house key (not fancy car key with transmitter)) and
then touching the metal to the car before touching
the car with my hand.