Odyssey Electric Shock Problem

Page 2 of 2

I see big trouble in your future, Brian! ;-)
Mike
Brian Smith wrote:

I hope for your sake it's a gold chain ;-)

Maybe I'll hook a length of chain around her leg, and let her drag it along where ever she goes. It would double as a pay back of sorts too {;^)
Brian

Her clothes must be the culprit then.Also,the human body has a capacitance that stores the charge,and one discharge will not drain off all the stored charge.That is why electronics manufacturing uses all sorts of anti-static methods,usually two or more together.(just the static generated by swinging a leg can harm sensitive electronic devices,integrated circuits and active components.)
One thing that occurred to me is those auto cigarette-lighter ionizers;they might drain off a static charge that would generate inside an auto.That is one of the methods that are used in manufacturing and electronic servicing areas.(big commercial ionizers)
But I could not say for certain. It just might be worth a try. Post your results here,others might be interested!
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I'll see if that work Jim. Thanks for the suggestion.
Brian