OEM Online Honda Parts Sites

All the supreme court did was to nix requiring the various mail order companies to collect taxes on behalf of the home states of their purchasers. However, the individual buyer is still legally required to pay the taxes to their home state. In practice almost nobody does so and in practice the states have rarely tried to enforce this law against individuals, but I know first hand that they sometimes go after business purchasers because there is enough money potentially there to make the costs of collections worthwhile.

Reply to
John Horner

Not really. It is important to understand the law before arguing it, and obvious Mr. Beam doesn't.

Reply to
John Horner

You should read the legislation more carefully. The federal law prohibits forcing companies to collect sales taxes from out of state customers. It does not prohibit states from charging or collecting use taxes directly from the customers.

Some people don't seem to comprehend this distinction.

Reply to
John Horner

No argument there, JT.

Reply to
Tony Harding

As others have posted, IIRC, businesses, sometimes; individuals, hardly ever.

Reply to
Tony Harding

I just stumbled upon the 'official' "Honda E-store" website linked from Honda Owner's Link website and the prices of a front disc brake pad set from the 2 accessible dealers to me are DOUBLE the going web price. I guess it's YMMV with different kind of parts and dealers but I can likely do better with maintenance parts purchased en masse online. Mostly I was impressed that Honda is now pimping parts directly through their dealer network via the same factory drawings we've been used to over the years. One thing I love about Honda is their ubiquitous, online parts and knowledge availability.

Reply to
MAT

"MAT" wrote

I think so, though improvement has been steady in the last few years. Googling turns up a heckuva lot more OEM parts dealers these days.

This is important to me, too. Before I buy a Toyota (maybe in a few years when my 91 Civic dies), I will want to know how available online drawings and OEM parts are.

Reply to
Elle