OEM Online Honda Parts Sites

Page 3 of 3
Elle wrote:

Something the 'Net sellers are lobbying against furiously, I'm sure.
Dave Kelsen wrote:

<snipped>
"The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny." -- Albert Ellis
Wow, not often I see Al Ellis quoted online!
E Meyer wrote:

I think you have your answer. :)
jim beam wrote:

Not exactly. You are exempt from sales taxes in the state where the supplier is, but technically you are liable for use taxes (the equivalent of sales tax) in your home state where you receive the goods. In practice very few individuals pay these use taxes because the home state doesn't know about it, but in theory in a detailed audit you could be caught up in it. I imagine that with a court order Amazon and others could be compelled to give your state a list of all your purchases.
I was in a business one time where the business was audited by the state looking for use tax collection on out of state purchases, so at least in some places I know that states do indeed make some effort to collect these.
John
John Horner wrote:

As others have posted, IIRC, businesses, sometimes; individuals, hardly ever.

I just stumbled upon the 'official' "Honda E-store" website linked from Honda Owner's Link website and the prices of a front disc brake pad set from the 2 accessible dealers to me are DOUBLE the going web price. I guess it's YMMV with different kind of parts and dealers but I can likely do better with maintenance parts purchased en masse online. Mostly I was impressed that Honda is now pimping parts directly through their dealer network via the same factory drawings we've been used to over the years. One thing I love about Honda is their ubiquitous, online parts and knowledge availability.

I think so, though improvement has been steady in the last few years. Googling turns up a heckuva lot more OEM parts dealers these days.

This is important to me, too. Before I buy a Toyota (maybe in a few years when my 91 Civic dies), I will want to know how available online drawings and OEM parts are.