OEM stlye spoiler. 2005 Accord

I bought one off of EBay. It said it was exactly like the factory. For the most part it is, but the wire for the light is a + and - bare wire. The instructions tell of no way to hook this up unless you are an electrician. It says tap into the car light and hook the other wire to the cathode or ground. I have an idea, but on the car itself, what does that mean? Also, could I just strip back some of the wire shield and hook the wires up to the light wire? Is there an adaptor?