Oil Change Interval - Manual Trans.

Anybody know what the transmission oil change interval is for the '99 Civic? I looked in my owner's manual and can only find it specified for automatic
transmissions.
The (free) owner's link maintenance schedule accessible via http://automobiles.honda.com/ says it's 90k miles/6 years, whichever comes first, for your 99 Civic's manual transmission oil.

Great. Thanks Elle.
wrote

For my '97 Civic, I believe it's every 30,000 miles. This is for the manual transmission. It is extremely easy to do. Honda recommends using their fluid. I noticed a big difference in shifting when I changed mine at 100K. Probably the first it had been done (I bought it used). You should replace the crush washers. The lower one is the same size as the oil drain plug. The upper one is larger and probably doesn't really need to be changed.
Rosscoe

Me wrote:

I'll second the vote for replacing it every 30K however I like to replace both washers.
Eric
I gotta ask. Why?
I have never changed oil in a manual transmission and I have never had a problem in over, ah?, 250,000 miles.
It doesn't wear out. It shouldn't get "dirty."
JimBob wrote:

ecarecar wrote:

you think it doesn't get dirty? i guess that's because you've never changed it and have therefore never seen the condition in which old oil comes out!

ecarecar wrote:

It does wear out.

It gets full of the products of friction, and there's no FILTER.
Best reason to change it: Everybody who does it says:
"HEY, IT SHIFTS BETTER ! ! I'M SO GLAD I DID IT ! ! !"
'Curly'
ecarecar wrote:

Actually, the oil does wear. Viscosity changes and additives become depleted just for starts.

Sure enough it does. Where to you think the wear particles from the transmission end up? Change it sometime and see what lovely stuff comes out of there!
John

According to Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers, the contaminants are the problem. See:
http://cars.cartalk.com/content/advice/transmissionfluid.html
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher