Oil consumption

I have a 2000 Honda Civic with 236,000 km. I'm going thru about a litre of oil every 1000 km. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and no oil
drips on the ground. Went to a dealer who told me that consumption is normal for that many km. I find this hard to believe as my 91 Honda had 330,000 km and only went thru a litre every 2500km. If the engine was burning the oil, would smoke not be visible out the pipes. Where is my oil going?

Have you checked your coolant lately????
DaveD

Coolant is good. What a odd question.