oil filler cap left off

Ive embarked on a long journey back to school in my recently purchased honda crx. after tiresome hours on the road i left the oil filler cap off at a gas station when checking it. Careless! :( after about 100
miles or so of highway driving at 70mph i noticed the cap sitting next to the block, and oil everywhere. I did my best to clean it in the dark and continued on. after another 10 miles or so i started to feel the car shaking and something banging into the hood. pistons? i hope not, pulled over and it was smoking. let it cool off and drove some more in third and fourth gear at about 45 mph with no problems, once i hit the highway again and got to 70 the problem persisted. i drove in 5th gear under 50mph and did ok, then i found a hotel and slept for the night. im sitting here now wondering what to do. what should i do?

I'm guessing that he melted all the bearings ...
Lynn