oil in the radiator fluid

I have a 1999 Honda Civic CX Hatchback. My car has over 200,000 miles on it and I haven't really had a problem with my vehicle until now. Just before this past summer, my car started overheating. I checked the
hoses and changed the thermostat. This worked for a bit and then my car starting over heating again. Then I was told that perhaps the water-pump had gone out. So I took my car into a Honda dealership and they told me that the I have a crack in my head gasket. That is why oil is in the radiator fluid. My car is still overheating, so I drive with the heater on full blast. Its working at keeping the temperature down, but there is still no circulation in the engine. Is there a correlation between the crack in the head gasket and the water pump not working?
Please help.
Thank you
aburningenergy wrote:

jim beam wrote:

Yes, the head gasket is the likely culprit. However, on a car with that many miles it would be a mistake not to replace the water pump unless the mechanic had knowledge that it had been done within a reasonable period of time. A "normal" interval is to replace the water pump when the timing belt is done which is every 90K miles or 6 years.
Eric