Oil leak while parked

My 89 Accord SE-I (a20a3 engine) is leaking oil while parked in the driveway overnight. Will a bad oil pan gasket or rear main seal cause that? Is the oil level high enough to leak while just sitting there? Thanks, Forrest

Reply to
Forrest

My plug leaked after about 45 oil changes (200K). Techs can be a little sloppy. I used pizza pans for a couple years then.

Reply to
rick++

Thus spake "Forrest" :

Yes.

Find a slightly different place to park it (further back in the driveway, for instance. Or your neighbor's driveway, if it's spotless).

Park the car cold overnight. Oil? Look at the drain plug first (please, Lord) and then the mail (no, Lord). No oil? Look at the pan gasket.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President and died on April 15th. The 16th amendment to the constitution was for income tax ...... coincidence? Freeing the slaves was the 13th ..... bad luck?

Reply to
Forrest