Oil Reccomendations 94 1.6 VTEC Civic 178K

I'm wondering about fluid recommendations for this engine & change intervals. It is running well and doesn't seem to be leaking or consuming oil. the capacity is only 3.5 quarts compared to the 5 qts I'm used to. I generally go about 6K between changes on my nissan p/u * 300K my daughter's escort 150K & use good regular 10/30 Oil. Honda reccommends 7500 Mile interval even with the reduced oil capacity. Would I be better of switching to a synth or synth blend for this car, and if so, what change interval.

The Honda's oil is a Medium brown at around 3K like my truck. The escort's oil stays almost clear up to about 5k.

Reply to
jim L

does honda specify synthetic? no. do they determine change interval by analysis? yes. therefore you're pretty damned safe simply accepting the honda service interval.

that doesn't tell you much. diesels go completely black almost immediately but some run 60k+ miles between changes.

bottom line, if you really want to know, get oil analysis done.

Reply to
jim beam