One Car for 4 Licensed Drivers

Page 2 of 2

Who the hell do you think makes civics? There is no such thing as a "Honda Acura". Maybe a "Toyota Lexus"?
Add pictures here
âś–

Nobody even commented on my cool Smug-O-Meter ASCII graphic. :(
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
TeGGeR® wrote:

I liked it enough to copy it and am just waiting to reuse it, John :)
Add pictures here
âś–

I altered it from an existing Troll-O-Meter graphic I already had.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

We also need a "Bogometer" (measures 'bogusness', mentioned by Clifford Stoll in his great book, The Cuckoo's Egg). We don't see all that much bogus advice here, but when it does come along we should be ready.
Mike
Add pictures here
âś–

By the way, I also have a "middle finger" ASCII graphic, if you want that too. ;)
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
TeGGeR® wrote:

Soi-tenly!! I have one but it isn't very good :)
Add pictures here
âś–

Check your mail.
Embarrassingly, I also sent it to Curly by mistake...
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
On 3/30/2006 7:14 PM TeGGeR® spake these words of knowledge:

No worries, mate; you know Curly deserved it....
;^)
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Add pictures here
âś–

LOL!! I needed a good laugh tonight. I hope Curly has a sense of humor tonight, too.
MIke
Add pictures here
âś–
"TeGGeR®" wrote:

--------------------------------------
OOooh, A wise guy ! I'm a citizen ! Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.
'Curly'
Add pictures here
âś–
On 3/30/06 7:23 AM, in article Xns97965580724D9tegger@207.14.113.17,

I don't buy that argument. Where I came from (Chicago 'burbs), the local private mass transportation companies all died natural deaths in the '70s when everybody started driving themselves. Ridership went down below profitable levels and that was it.
The regional government transit monopolies that we saw (and continue to see in many places) were started because the numbers didn't add up and the citizens demanded busses anyway, not because of some insidious government plot. When no one rode those busses either, mass transit simply went away in the smaller towns.
I think if you could demonstrate a viable business model for mass transit, you would have some.
Add pictures here
âś–

Private transport companies are typically under crushing regulations dictating when, where, and how they may (or MUST) offer service, what sort of vehicles they may (or may NOT, or MUST use), and how much (or how little) they can charge.
When faced with rigid rules like that, it's no wonder they go out of business, or end up surviving on subsidies.