One year free gas with purchase of an Accord in Canada

Honda dealers are offering one year of free gas (with conditions) with the purchase of an Accord in Canada until early May.
I'm in the market for an Accord, so that sounds interesting, but what
I'm wondering is, with deals like this, do the dealers usually reduce the discount they would otherwise be allowing during price negotiation? If so, this is not really such a good deal, and I think I would rather wait a couple months to make the purchase...
I could ask the dealer about that, but it will not be easy to find out.
Your views?

Assuming 12,000 miles per year driving, at 30mpg and $3 per gallon, the dealer is basically giving a price break of $1,200.
Whether you actually see this price break depends on whether or not they get it back from you in "extra fees", options, finance charges, all the usual places they hide additional costs to you.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Gas at 3.00 per gallon in Canada?What province are you in...it's about 4.30 in Nova Scotia.

I measured that $3 in US gallons and in Canadian dollars.
If your $4.30 is Imperial gallons, that translates to $3.58 for a US gallon.
I paid 81 Cdn per liter yesterday, which is $3.07 Cdn for a US gallon (about $2.56US).
I'm in Ontario. The price has been fluctuating between 79 and 83 over the last week or so.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
In Winnipeg its $0.889 per litre right now.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Here in Nova Scotia, the price just dropped to 94.9 a litre the day before yesterday.
Brian

Filled up today at 85.7.
You guys really have to have a word with with your tax people...
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Oh we have words with them, every time we look at the price we're paying {;^)
Realistically, we don't have the population/tax base that you do in Ontario, and you know how much the thieves (err, politicians) love to line their pockets.
Brian
Halifax,Nova Scotia...94.9

says...

--
Cheers!
Jan

For regular?
Brian
says...

--

Cheers!

Jan

We thought we had it bad at 99.9 a couple of weeks ago.
Brian

Don't you guys have California-style "boutique" gas, with MTBE and other crap?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

you will pay auto sales tax for the extra $1200 on top of the taxes built into the gasoline, plus interest on it over the life of the car loan. Not a good deal any way you slice it.
You'd be better off negotiating without the gasoline gimmick.
Mike

I just bought an 05 EX-V6 sedan while this free gas promotion was on. I elected to take the equivalent discount off the price of the car because you also save on the GST + PST. I actually negotiated a bigger discount than the $1200 value of gas.

Excellent -- care to give us an idea of how much bigger?
Did you pay that "administrative fee"?
G.

The list price of an 05 Accord EX-V6 sedan including all fees is $34800 (plus PST+GST). If you took the gas value discount it would be $33600. I paid $32000 (plus PST+GST), no additional fees.