Ontario Emission DriveClean Test

Page 1 of 2
Could someone please tell me if you own a 1987 vehicle, on which day it will qualify to be exempted from the Ontario DriveClean emission test? Does it mean that Jan 1, 2007? Or does it mean Jan 1, 2008 when it
will be exempted?

It is exempt when it is 20 model years old. The last year for testing 1987 models is this year.
It's all here: www.driveclean.com Click on "FAQ: Historic vehicles..."
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

So, like some of our states, if it is old and pollutes a lot, you can let it get older, pollute even more and we'll make it exempt.
A few weeks ago, I was on a two lane road, no place to pass, following a mid-70's Old. I was actually getting sick from the fumes and had to drop back quite a bit to get some clean air.
wrote in message

Problem is, 20-year old cars make up perhaps 1% of the cars on the road. And most of those are not daily drivers.
Are you aware that the air is 57% cleaner in absolute terms now than it was in 1970? That's in spite of a 153% increase in vehicular traffic. The US federal EPA says so and you could look it up.
Including 20+ cars is pure politics and social engineering. It accomplishes nothing except make those cars more expensive and problematic to own, which is the point.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
207.14.116.130:

All of this guilt trip over driving your car is to divert public attention from the WORST air polluters.....jet airplanes and power plants, the worst of the worst corporate polluters.
Delta Airlines' jet fuel buyer was on MSNBC discussing fuel prices with the stock broker talking heads complaining this was eating into profits becuase JUST DELTA AIRLINES BURNED 9.4 BILLION GALLONS IN 2004!
If we're REALLY interested in air quality, we need to turn off the oil burners that make my patio black with soot and build NUCLEAR power plants....
I'm doing my part with my 33-year-old Mercedes 220 Diesel, shortly I hope: http://www.frybrid.com / At one corner near my home, I've already gotten commitments for over 190 gallons of used frying oil per WEEK!...FREE! Jabulon's oil barons can kiss my ass!
--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Thanks for doing your part to help the environment. If more people were like you, the Earth would be a lot better off. As it is, people put more effort into planning their weekly TV viewing schedules than thinking about energy, conservation, saving the Earth. My brother had an '85 Mercedes 300TD wagon and he ran veggie oil in it. Some idiot ran into him and totaled it though. He's looking for a 1970's 240D now. He was thinking of starting a co-cop for used veggie oil. We were to process it, and sell it in like 10 gallon containers. They could take the containers home and use them as needed. Then bring the containers back to get refilled.
-

Am I the only one to notice how CLEAN and BLUE the sky was in the week after 9/11 when they grounded them all? Not one word, of course, was said about it on any of the Propaganda News Channels the corporations run from Airline ad money.
Of course, that also stopped the chemical seeding in all those contrails. Go to google and put
contrails seeding
into the search engine. There's thousands of websites, now.....and great movies on the subject.
HAARP weapon - be very afraid. www.haarp.com
Cars aren't polluting the planet beyond repair any more than 2-stroke outboard motors are polluting the lakes to death.
--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

It was mentioned on one of the 5 year memorial TV shows... but they were talking about how remarkably clear the skies were at the time of the WTC attack, not after the planes were grounded.
Mike

The sky over Charleston, SC, here on the trailing edge of the Westerlies, went from its normal whitish grey with purple sunsets to the most beautiful blue I think I've ever seen in my 60 years. It stayed that way until the day AFTER they filled the skys with oil burners, again. I haven't seen it since.
One of the jobs I used to do is run a mobile calibration laboratory for EIL Instruments, a government electronics contractor. We towed a trailer lab from FAA site to site calibrating their test equipment. One Sunday, we ended up stranded at the FAA long range radar facility near Benson, NC, in the Eastern corridor, a radar with a 300 mile range. I sat around on my day off with the duty technicians in the radar room. They have a test station, a full radar operating station you can see all the targets, IFF targets FAA calls "Beacons", for about 300 miles in all directions from the huge multimegawatt S-band radar beast rotating overhead. A computer controls it all and presents the targets and you can put the cursor over one of them and get all kinds of information from the beacon system. The radar counted the targets on this Sunday afternoon in about 1980-81 in central NC. There were over 380 targets painted on that screen, the REAL polluters of the air over North Carolina, a huge cluster of oil burners.
It's not your car......
--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Common logical error.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
The only "ONLY" reason for the E-Test, is a money grab for the government!!!
That's great for conserving our resources but how clean is the exhaust coming out of that car?
Al

Oh, I'm sure if we read the oil company sponsored reports it will completely cover the planet in 3" of frying oil in about 3 weeks, if allowed to continue.....
Does it matter whether I burn 21 gallons of it over 1300 miles in the Benz or the recovery company sells it to the electricity corporations to burn in the power plant?
Pollution - Watching the Space Shuttle launch from Charleston, SC.....
--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.
wrote in message

Car and Driver magazine used to say that most of the pollution from autos was from the small percent that was not kept up or maintained,the gross polluters. IIRC,1% was the number they used.

Cars naturally get more expensive to maintain as they get older. They get more problems as they get older and things wear out or degrade from heat,ozone,sun,vibration/flexing,rust or corrosion.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Point is that most of those expenses are discretionary. Unlike having to pass a smog check, nobody's holding a gun to your head to get that stuff fixed or else.

No need to tell me. I live through this every day. My car is almost 16 years old.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
If the vehicle is 1987 and older it will be exempt since its last required testing was 2 yrs ago. If the vehicle is 1988 and newer it will have to be tested until it reaches the federally reconized age to classify as "antique" which is 30 years old. So my 89 chev "B" body wagon has to be tested until 2019.
Of course this is also dependant on where you live some regions still dont have to do testing.
Snow...
Joseph wrote:

umm.... There is one problem though. I just happen to buy this 1987 car off someone else. So that means it must pass emission before I can get it plated and drive it. I am thinking of just let it sit for 3.5 months (Oct,Nov,Dec) then when the clock rolls over to 2007. Right now I have another beater to drive. I will take the safety certificate to the MTO and get it plated. That is if we are all correct about it not requiring an emission in 2007. What do you think.
Snow wrote:

"If your car is a 1987 or earlier model, it leaves the program permanently when it is 20 years old."
"2006 testing year. vehicles required to be tested: 2001 1999 1997 1995 1993 1991 1989 1987 "
Take your car in this year and your done with the cash grab forever....
Snow...

Wonder how many of those Plymouth K cars I see on The Red Green Show are still riding around Canada....covered in duct tape...(c;
--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.
Larry wrote:

mentioned in the first response:
The exemption for 20-year-old light-duty vehicles is ending as we begin to focus more on the vehicles most likely to pollute. All cars, 1988 model year and newer, will require emissions testing until they are taken out of service. These vehicles would have had their last test for registration renewal in 2007, when they were 19 years old. They will now need to continue to be tested in 2009 and ever two years after that.
sorry to bear bad news...thehick