Opinion please; Blown Head Gasket?

Page 2 of 2
Greyjaei,
Sorry for what appears to be continuing bad news. This is an interesting one. I hope you'll keep the group updated.
Michael, interesting Sherlock Holmsian analysis!
Dunno about shipping a new engine to Northern Canada, but when helping some friends try to locate an engine for their Isuzu recently, there sure were a lot of American companies who ultimately emailed me to give me a price and shipping charge. I think I found one of those master sites where one types in exactly what one is seeking for an engine, and asks for shipping. Shipping was not expensive, at say $100 for some companies, but I'm in the "lower 48." I do remember seeing a site with Honda engines closer to $500 in cost IIRC.
If you haven't googled already, keywords {Honda Civic engine swap} turn up a lot of hits. Ebay often sells engines, too.