Options for upgrading headlights on '89 Accord?

What are my options for increasing the light output from the headlights on an '89 Accord? Googling a little it seems that they're a standard 4" x 6" sealed
beam.
Can this be upgraded to H4 bulbs (with relays & heavier wiring, of course)?
Any "got ya's" in doing such an upgrade?
Thanks,
--
John English

John E. wrote:

without breaking the law?

legally, light output is restricted so you're not a hazard to other road users. all aftermarket lighting kits really do is change the color of the light, not the level of output.
On Sat, 17 May 2008 22:47:00 -0700, John E. wrote:

My recommended method would be to go buy a 2008 Accord.
That thing is 20 years old, fer chrissakes. Get something better.
Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.
Dan C wrote:

dan's usual sunday rant! why dan? the backbone of this group is people /wanting/ to keep older cars on the road - any fool can simply buy a new car. otherwise this group would be alt.autos.justbuyanotherone
snipped-for-privacy@lan.invalid says...

Clue: newer != better
Dave
On Sun, 18 May 2008 13:01:21 -0500, Dave Garrett wrote:

Not always, but often. In this case (headlights), it's certain.
Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

Buy Philips BlueVision / CrystalVision H6054's