OT: How Do I Backup Outlook Express?

One of the things that I never learned how to do is to backup the FOLDERS (INBOX, OUTBOX, SENT, DELETED and DRAFTS) in OUTLOOK EXPRESS. I went into
PROPERTIES, but am unable to find the folders listed in PROPERTIES by clicking down levels from MY COMPUTER. Why is this such a hassle?
Can anyone help tell me how to backup my SENT and DELETED Emails in OUTLOOK EXPRESS?

Help|Index|"backing up mail folders"
Mike
Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder
Here is the email folder. you can back this folder, but it's long and complicated, OR you can change this folder, to something like C:\backup\email, then you can easily backup that folder onto Cd or whatever.

If it's in your deleted items, why do you want it?
Or are you one of those who think it's a good way of filing? Just curious.
G-Man

Waiving the right to remain silent, "D.D. Palmer"

I looked all through my Pilot's owner's manual, and can't find anything about this. Are you sure it's related to your Honda..?
;-)

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
Thus the phrase "OT"
said:

THANK YOU! (I am the original poster!)
said:

I use to do this all the time when I upgraded or switched computers. Assuming you're using XP or Win2k. For Win98 or ME, it's very similar just the path is different.
Find a directory inside "C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities" with {}. USERNAME is whatever your login name is. That {} directory is your Outlook Express folder. If you only want to back up the individual directories, copy the associated DBX files. If you want to back up or transfer the entire OE directory, backup the {} file. You may have more than one {} file, if you have more than one identity.
To restore or transfer to another system. Use the File|Import|Messages... command.
One more tip: To find the correct path, select your Inbox and do a File|Properties. You can also do the same with your SENT and DELETED Items.
I hope it helps.
JW

OUTLOOK