Overheating 91 Accord LX

Page 2 of 2
dgk wrote:

good question.
i think 3 reasons:
1. they're domestic, and we don't sue domestics because we're patriotic and we'll buy garbage just to fly the flag. look at all the crap people buy from detroit. [except that now, a lot of the componentry comes from china, but shhh, don't tell anyone...] 2. they probably don't have any money so there's be no lawyer fees. 3. it's "guaranteed". want a free replacement?
personally, i'd be much more interested in a lawsuit about red rear turn signals - the most bizarrely dangerous anachronism on the road.

Especially today with the availability of yellow LED lights. also,IMO,the red LED brake lights are more noticable than incandescent lamps behind red lenses.
And they won't burn out like filament bulbs. Since LEDs are clustered,if one burns out,there's still many left. (and if manufacturers burn-in their LED assemblies,they would have few failures at all.)
I've been considering modifying my Integra's taillights to LEDs. Yellow for turnsignals!!
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik