overheating problem!

I have tried a few different things but nothings working. Ive changed the thermostat then I noticed a hole in a hose that runs to the heater core which was leaking antifreeze so I assumed this was the problem....no it wasnt. I checked the pressure in the radiator everything was ok, but no change. The car gets hot real fast. I let it idle for about an hour and it was fine but as I drove it got too hot. What is this?

Reply to
GMB

GMB wrote in news:944255_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

Plugged rad. Plugged internally, that is.

Poor maintenance.

Time to boil out or replace.

Reply to
Tegger

Well it IS a Honda right? (you didnt say)

Head gasket

-Speedy

GMB wrote:

Reply to
Speedy Pete

Yep, sounds like a clogged radiator to me too. I'd get a new one. I see loads of em on flea bay... I guess you could rebuild it, but often you will get a lifetime warranty if you buy a new one. Depends where you buy it though I suppose. MK

Reply to
nm5k