Oxygen Sensor on 2003 Accord

That would be about 125 ft-lbs., then.

I could see an O2 sensor being somewhat tighter than this, due to heat cycling and exhaust gas chemistry effects.

"highkm" wrote I used a pulley that I use to pull a downed Moose when I go hunting. It has a scale on it. I hooked the end of the wrench, wrapped the rope around the fixed pipe in the garage and turned on the motor that wraps the rope. I stopped when the motor registered about 125lb. It is eactly 1/8 of the pressure at the hook. The wrench is about a foot (that's the radius R). Torque = R x F.

Reply to
Elle

More like 125 time 8.

Reply to
highkm

Read-o on my part then.

Still, 1000 ft-lbs fails the common sense test.

Either way, try the PB Blaster. :-)

"highkm" wrote > That would be about 125 ft-lbs., then.

More like 125 time 8.

Reply to
Elle

"Elle" wrote in news:WZADj.21063$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe11.phx:

his pulley -system- must have an 8x multiplication. IE;not just a single pulley that would have no multiplication.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

highkm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p73g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

Here's a trick that's worked for me in the past (requires the sensor to be in a suitably accessible location):

1) Raise car so you have room to access the sensor 2) Apply socket, ratchet and cheater bar to the sensor (snip wire so you can use regular socket, not O2 sensor socket) 3) Place jack under cheater bar end and use jack to load up the assembly good and hard, with socket turning in the LOOSEN direction 4) Whack exhaust pipe with at least a 2lb hammer -- hard -- immediately adjacent to sensor. 5) Sensor should crack loose with a bang (keep out of the way of things that may suddenly move in unexpected ways!) 6) If not, repeat from #4 as necessary.

Another trick that can work is to TIGHTEN the senor first, THEN try to loosen it. If you can get a fastener to budge a bit in the tighten direction, that increases the chance of getting it to move in the other one.

And if you end up stiripping the hole, no worries. A spark plug tap will fix that with ease.

Reply to
Tegger

73g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

Sounds like a good idea. I'll try it. Thx.

Reply to
highkm