P0420 OBD-II Trouble Code

back in april I had the cat converter and some other things replaced on my 99 honda accord. Today the check engine lite tripped with the p0420 code.
4 or 5 thousand miles have elapsed, could the cat have gone bad in that short of time?
I have just drove the car, nothing unusual.
Muffy
Muffy Links wrote:

What's your mileage, and was it a $100 cat or a $700 cat?
'Curly'

114000 miles and $500 cat
muffy
Muffy Links wrote:

It's Wednesday . . . I'll let somebody else ask the next five fill-in-the-blank questions.
'Curly'

Are you two related? {;^)