p0740

ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what that means?
1996 Honda Accord

βœ–

(Assuming a 4-cylinder here...)
A tranny problem: "Problem in Lock-up Control System".
Any symptoms accompanying the error code?
Speedometer working OK?
Is your lockup torque converter not locking up?
How old is your engine's thermostat?
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
βœ–
well, it has been acting like it is skipping gears for over 6 months now. All of yhe mechanics I take it to say that is just how an old honda drives?!?!?!?! I had two themorstats put on in the past 6 months and the speedometer works fine, the rpm one on the other hand doesn’t. It jumps around like crazy. I am actually throwing my hands up on this one and calling quits. I am not putting anymore money into a 96. But i appreciate your help!
"Tegger" wrote:
> > > ok new question. the code read P0740. does anyone know what > that > > means? > > > > 1996 Honda Accord > > > > > > (Assuming a 4-cylinder here...) > > A tranny problem: "Problem in Lock-up Control System". > > Any symptoms accompanying the error code? > > Speedometer working OK? > > Is your lockup torque converter not locking up? > > How old is your engine's thermostat? > > > > -- > Tegger
βœ–

If the tach is jumping around, you have an igniter that's intermittent. Unusual, as they normally fail outright.
Replace the igniter. Bet that gets rid of both problems.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
βœ–

P0740 comes up as TCC Circuit Malfunction. I love acronyms; I presume TCC=Transmission Control Computer but I could always be wrong.
Mike
Add pictures here
βœ–

Actron's description is incorrect for Honda. See my other post.