paint fading on 1998 Accord Heather Mist Metallic.?.?.?

I have my 1998 Accord EXV6 Heather Mist. I am noticing that areas of paint particularly on the rear of the roof are fading...dull. If anyone remembers
the silver GM silver cars of the 70's and 80's that all faded to dull..... The car is on Long Island and I have meticulously maintained the it with regular washing, polishing and waxing with Meguiars products. The car is in otherwise outstanding shape with 98k on it. Any ideas always welcome. Thanks!! Matt
That is why I never buy a silver color car.

You car is probably clearcoated,and the clearcoat is wearing off. Then your paint goes to hell quickly. Regardless of what the wax makers say about "non-abrasive",their product removes some of the finish each time it's used.
You may be able to get it buffed out and then re-clearcoated.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

If you do, make sure the paint shop knows that wax was used, so it can all be removed. Paint over wax and you''ll start to call your car Snake... (sheds its skin).
Stewart DIBBS