"Panic Alarm" Going Off By Itself: 2005 Accord LX. Why ?

Hello:

It's hard for me to bring back to the dealer, so thought I'd ask here first.

Have a 2005 Accord LX, 6 Cyl.

Every now and then, a few times a week, for no apparent reason, the "Panic Alarm" just goes off by itself.

There is no additional burglar alarm installed; this is just the alarm that sounds if you push the Panic button on the key fob. It is not being pushed accidentally.

Is this a known problem in the '05 models ?

What is causing it ?

How hard would it be for me to disconnect the darn thing myself, or does a dealer really have to do it ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Here in Flagstaff that is fairly common in at least two of the supermarket parking lots. I don't know exactly why that is, but I'd guess the staff is using either 2-way radio or pager transmitters that are triggering the alarms.

Otherwise a common cause is excessive glass breakage sensitivity, if you have a glass breakage sensor for the alarm system. With the alarm set, you should have to pound hard on the "A" pillar (the pillar on either end of the windshield) with your fist to set it off. Do not pound on the glass! The sensor should have a sensitivity adjustment on it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee