Paranormal Tire

I have a 98 Civic HX with aluminum wheels.

I live in a formerly rural area where I don't believe anyone has tampered with my tires.

Having stated the above, yesterday the right front tire lost pressure to about 15 psi overnight. I pumped it up this morning and it has held pressure so far.

What could explain the loss of pressure?

Reply to
ecarecar

"Formerly rural"? What is it now, urban?

Probably a nail. It's a "slow leak", and will be flat again tomorrow morning.

Reply to
Dan C

You could have a nail or other object that is in the tire. The position of the tire, temperature, etc., could cause the tire to leak at only certain times. In addition, the nail could have been further driven into to tire, causing it to stop leaking.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Thinking back to what happened the day before and because the tire has stayed at pressure since I re-inflated it, I am now convinced the tire just burped.

Reply to
ecarecar

ecarecar wrote in news:JMadnUKhffaKhPzVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net:

there might be a ding on the rim somewhere,and when you park with that ding on the bottom(ground contact),it makes a slow leak. Also,AL wheels are subject to corrosion on the inside from moisture,possibly causing a bad bead seal,aggravated when the tire is left in a certain position.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

ecarecar wrote in news:JMadnUKhffaKhPzVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net:

are you over 15? tires dont burp kiddo........hopefully its convenient when it burps again.............what a dumbass..........

Reply to
bill