Paranormal Tire

I have a 98 Civic HX with aluminum wheels.
I live in a formerly rural area where I don't believe anyone has tampered with my tires.
Having stated the above, yesterday the right front tire lost pressure to
about 15 psi overnight. I pumped it up this morning and it has held pressure so far.
What could explain the loss of pressure?
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:45:54 -0400, ecarecar wrote:

"Formerly rural"? What is it now, urban?

Probably a nail. It's a "slow leak", and will be flat again tomorrow morning.
--
"Bother!" said Pooh, as the condom ripped.

ecarecar wrote:

You could have a nail or other object that is in the tire. The position of the tire, temperature, etc., could cause the tire to leak at only certain times. In addition, the nail could have been further driven into to tire, causing it to stop leaking.
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

Thinking back to what happened the day before and because the tire has stayed at pressure since I re-inflated it, I am now convinced the tire just burped.

there might be a ding on the rim somewhere,and when you park with that ding on the bottom(ground contact),it makes a slow leak. Also,AL wheels are subject to corrosion on the inside from moisture,possibly causing a bad bead seal,aggravated when the tire is left in a certain position.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

are you over 15? tires dont burp kiddo........hopefully its convenient when it burps again.............what a dumbass..........