Parasitic Drain - Bulb Trick

Page 2 of 2
sharx333 wrote:

ok, so the battery is halfway good at least.

ok, but the audio thing is a red herring - come back to that later.

look through the fuses making measurements - that'll tell you which circuit to look in. as before, your drain indicates something like a 2w bulb - look when it's night time!

I had a light bulb that was a parasitic drain, once. I thought I just had a dying battery. It was a little sluggish starting sometimes, and dead if I didn't drive it every day. I bought a new battery, and that made things much better, and then it was dead again after it sat for a few days. I charged it up, got in, and noticed a strange glow on the floor. At first I thought it was a street light, then I realized that the glove box light was on. The switch had gotten knocked out of it's mounting. I didn't see the dim light under daytime conditions, and only happened to notice it at night.

I would say that a dual filament 1157 bulb should glow dimly. If it is at all bright, that is a pretty good load. At full brightness:
bright filament: 12.8V, 26.9W, 2.10A (R=V/I.8/2.1=6.1 ohms) dim filament: 14.0V, 8.3W, 0.59A (R$ ohms)
--
---
Does the Pioneer have a power antenna output, and is it hooked up?