Passenger Power window stuck on close

my 2001 honda civic passenger window is stuck in the 'close' position. i replaced the window motor, unnecessarily, and when reassembling the switch to the passenger door the window went straight up, so i quickly
disconnected the switch.
before i put in the new motor, i found the fuse below the steering column, replaced the blown fuse, but i can not reconnect the passenger switch because it will allow the window to continually go 'up' and will blow the fuse again.
what else can i check? can the issue be with the master control switch on the drivers side door?
thanks, Fish
I was thinking that if the master switch was off you could proceed.
fish wrote:

Alan,
you are probably right. i should be able to disconnect the master switch, then connect the passenger switch, and it should be operational with the passenger switch. and if it is, then the problem should be in the master switch.
thanks, tom

fish wrote:

If you don"t have any kind of service manual, a parts diagram from this Honda dealer might be a good place to start. http://www.slhondaparts.com /
'Curly'
i am going crazy trying to find the window switches at this website. does anyone know which diagram it can be found?
thanks, fish

Be thankful that it is up and not stuck in the down position.
hehe, that would be too far, unless they ship. i will check with my local dealer in westerville ohio. roush honda.
tom

LOL! One of the reasons it's important to say where a person is, when on the World Wide Web. {;^)