passenger side mirror 99 Accord

My daughter's 1999 Honda Accord passenger side mirror hit a trash can that snapped the mirror assembly back crushing the mirror. The plastic piece attached to the now cracked mirror was found on the ground. It looks as though I can snap the plastic piece back onto the power mirror assembly but where can I get the replacement mirror. Does Honda sell a replacement piece or do I need to look for a new whole mirror assembly?

Reply to
hdieter

Look at the exploded views at

and / or poke through all the TSB's at
Bookmark both. Very handy references.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I had this same issue for a '94 civic. All I needed was the mirror itself(with the plastic piece), but all I could find was the whole new mirror assembly, which was upwards of $65.00.

Solved it for $7.00 by going to a junkyard and popping the mirror out of a wrecked honda. Popped it in my car and it was done. Took about 5 minutes total.

hth, marco

***
Reply to
marco

Any autoglass shop can replace the mirror for you for about $30-$40.

Reply to
Grahame