Passenger side power window glass goes down only few inches...

Hi: I have Honda Prelude 1987 2.0Si and the passenger side window glass have an issue. When I try to pull the glass down, it goes down about 3-4 inches and then stops. The window glass does not go all the way
down. Is my window motor bad? Any suggestions? Thanks NG

It could be crud(debris) in the window tracks or a misaligned track.You do seem to imply that the motor moves the window "3-4 inches down" before stopping. That would indicate the motor works.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

I would also suspect something stuck on or wrapped around the scissor mechanism. Remember the regulator works on a scissor-fold design and something catching between the two bars will stop everything in its tracks.
A good indicator might be if the window stops dead, or if one end continues down slightly before it stops completely: the former would indicate something jamming the scissor; the latter would be more likely for something in the track, as that would stop one end of the glass first.
Virus Database (VPS): 0536-2, 09/07/2005