Perhaps Battery, Perhaps Alternator

I own a 1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan. It has just over 182,000 miles. I bought it new (almost). It had 1,867 miles when I got it.
I've had problems with electronic stuff lately. First, I was driving into
a parking lot to park. Before I could turn the car off, the car just died, along with wiping out all the radio station presets. I had to start the car again to make sure it was alright. I reset my radio.
Second, when I get out of my car, and use my remote control to lock the car, all the locks stay "unlocked". I had to attempt to lock the car by opening up my door. This problem has existed a lot of the last couple of weeks.
Third, I was trying to start the car shortly after parking it, and nothing happened. I waited a few seconds. Tried it again, and it worked.
I live in Michigan. I changed the battery in February 2005, so the problem my not be that. I may be alternator, or some other electrical dilemma.
What may be the problem?
warlock162 wrote:

Sounds an awful lot like a grounding issue to me. Check your ground strap.
This cable...Are you referring to the cable called the "sub ground cable" that extends near the oil dipstick handle?

the last 25 years - dunno why never before that. When it happens and you need to get going again a whack on each post with a hammer (like cracking a Brazil nut) will normally bring the battery back to life long enough to get to where it can be replaced. Even though the battery is a couple years old I recommend replacing it on suspicion. If you have another car you can swap batteries with that also is a possibility.
Mike
warlock162 wrote:

Did you ever get notified of the HUGE ignition switch recall?
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/index.html#list
Losing the radio stations means there's something more (than just the ignition switch) wrong. Clean and lube your battery terminals and be sure they are on LOW enough, before tightening with a 10mm socket or wrench. The far end of the black cable is suspect too, where it bolts on to the metal. Remove the bolt and clean / lube it before snugging it back down. Vaseline is good for battery terminals.
'Curly'