Pilot (03) Homelink Programming

We just has our garage door openor replaced with a Chamberlain Liftmaster. Following the instructions in the manual for openers with a "rolling" code I
have tried without any success to program the Homelink for the opener. I had similar problems with our previous opener -- a Genie -- but I suceeded although I don't know what lucky combination I hit. I have cleared out the previous codes as instucted and tried press the homelink button while the learn light is on anywhere from 1 - 10 secs -- no luck after two hours. Any suggestions anyone?
First you need to program the visor transmitter from the new opener transmitter by following the directions from Homelink at http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf . Then you program the visor transmitter to the opener using the rolling code directions.
Doordoc www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Directions from Homelink site solved the problem. The manual leaves a step out. Thanks.