Pilot Brake Pad replacement

I replaced my front and rear brakes this weekend. When I did the front brakes, as I was pushing in the puck I noticed some brake fluid (a couple of ounces) dripping down from the engine compartment. The new
pads work well, but what I wanted to know is did I possibly screw anything up? Is my master cylinder or ABS going to die a premature death?
thanks in advance!

Where in the engine compartment did it come from? Did you open the brake fluid reservoir before compressing the caliper to allow the fluid level to rise easily? Was the amount in the reservoir near the top BEFORE you serviced your brakes?
It is hard to tell where the fluid came from, but it was not from the brake fluid reservoir. I was towards the drivers side (oposite site than the brake fluid reservoir). Yes I did open the brake fluid reservoir before compressing the caliper.
Any ideas?

With your update above, I'm stumped. Was hoping it was something silly you missed, but doesn't sound like it now.
The fluid was coming from the master cylinder reservoir, I usually removsome fluid before compressing the caliper piston I don't think it did any harm. It never has on any of my vehicles. How many miles on the Pilot were the pads wore out?
Tom

Thanks for the warm-and-fuzzy.
I have 57K on the Pilot.
Al wrote:

nipple - prevents exactly this kind of thing. it's simply the fluid rising in the reservoir. wash the spill off with water asap. do NOT wipe, even after you've washed it. just leave to dry naturally. discard the the fluid you get from the calipers.

chance. Wash it off completely with water (I like to spray with Simple Green after the initial rinse and rinse again) very soon.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

been a lot of reports of stress corrosion cracking in steel with that stuff, including some bike stuff i bought used. steel eyelets in a rim cracked and fell apart. that's the last thing /i'd/ want anywhere near my honda braking system!!!
I just realized that I did NOT remove the brake fluid reservoir, but the power steering fluid reservoir. I have ordered a shop manual...Next time, I'll be a bit more careful.
thanks! Al