Ping Tegger

Knowing that you have a (nearly) ancient Acura I wanted to let you know that I found an old (same era) radio for it. It's yours for shipping if you have a need.
I cannot use it in anything as even then you needed a code etc. IIRC, this came out of an '81 Civic sedan that I sent to the happy hunting ground a year or so ago.
JT
(Trying to clear all the old excess crap)

Does it get all the oldie stations?

Thanks for the thought, but my nearly-ancient Acura is ten-years newer than the '81 Civic, so I suspect the radio probably won't fit my car.
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

Nope, they are the same. This particular radio was specifically for '92 Acuras. 39100-SK7-A000-M1 Sez "Acura" right on the cassette cover. It was made by Pioneer.
These things are dirt cheap anyway not worth spending a lot of time on but might be worthwhile for a purist.
JT
(Who ain't pure by any standard)

"SK7" means the DA9/DB1 models, so that's indeed a '90-'93 Integra radio.
In any case, mine's working just fine (all 12 times I've used it in 20- years), so I think yours might need to go to the big radio-graveyard in the sky. Thanks, though.
Mine's never been out of the dash. I always wondered who made it, and now it looks like it was probably Pioneer.
--
Tegger

Lucky you! My '94 Accord has seen two factory radios: first time the LED lights went out, the second time (that one I got from junk yard) the receiver itself. After that second one I put back the first one and now I use it "blind." I only use the preset buttons anyway.

"SK7" means the DA9/DB1 models, so that's indeed a '90-'93 Integra radio.
In any case, mine's working just fine (all 12 times I've used it in 20- years), so I think yours might need to go to the big radio-graveyard in the sky. Thanks, though.
Mine's never been out of the dash. I always wondered who made it, and now it looks like it was probably Pioneer.
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

Yeah, I guess that I'll assemble all this excess stuff and send it to a friend in RI to see what he can salvage.
JT